Saturday, August 2, 2008

Happy Late 1/2 Birthday

Adalyn and I decided to throw Burke a half birthday party. We even thought we would make him half of cake. As it turned out, with my cooking it was a half cake with no effort. I had the bright idea that I could bake the cake in the toaster oven so we didn't have to wait for the big oven to preheat. Brilliant I know. Learn from me, not a good idea. Jeff had to cut the top half off because the middle wouldn't cook. So after the top half was cut off, we had the bottom half cooked, well not to perfection. But the plan was to celebrate the 1/2 birthday. It was then covered in white icing despite his sisters pleas to have pink. Happy Birthday Burke. We are so happy you are here.

It is hard to believe my little man is half a year old. He is learning new things everyday.

Some things he is doing:

His whole body lights up when I walk in the room.

He still smiles with his whole body.

He now talks all day long. Not sure what he is talking about but he is talking ALL day long.

Reaches out for you to pick him up.

Constantly moving, wants to type on computer and loves remotes.

Scoots all over the floor. He even got on all fours, which was a first.

He loves to be hummed to before bedtime.

Loves books anytime of day.

Still adores his sister like no one else.

When I pick him up he immediately snuggles his head into the crook of my neck.

Belly laughs when I try to rock him to sleep. This always works. His is learning from the master manipulator.

No comments: