Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Date Day

When Burke was accepted into Mother's Day Out two days a week I contemplated him going both days but then decided that on Thursdays when Adalyn is home we could have some special time together. So Date Day for us was born. So on Thursdays everything is pushed to the side for us to do something special. The first day we went to get doughnuts and ate on the bar. Something she loves to do.
So last Wednesday when I asked her what she wanted to do for date day she said fishing. Like we fish all the time. We hadn't been in a while and I can promise you I never have taken her alone. I don't unhook fish, at least I try not to do it by myself. So luckily reinforcements were available and ready to get crickets, put hooks on the pole, and do all the things associated with fishing that I really didn't want to do. Thanks PePaw. Well Adalyn caught three fish. Yes three and she independently caught one completely by herself. Hooked and reeled it in. All with a pretty pink fishing pole. Go girl!

No comments: