Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Crying it Out

Monday I decided was the perfect day to get Burke on a schedule. Yeah, great idea with Mommy and Me, Ballet Camp, and Swim Lessons. So where does the schedule fit into this craziness? Me and my great ideas.
So for his afternoon nap I decided that he will be placed in his bed and go to sleep. He's only suppose to cry a little while, right. I really needed the peace. The books say they will give in and sleep. If nothing else from exhaustion. Well for some reason my little happy baby that never cries, cried. Not the whimper, I'm sad crying. But the BITCH GET ME OUT OF THIS BED OR I'M GOING TO CUT YOUR HEAD OFF SCREAMING. Surely with this much ferocity he can last that long. Wrong. It went on for over a hour. I caved. I couldn't stand the emotional damage I was causing on his little developing brain.
Tuesday...Geared myself up again. One hour and 43 minutes later I caved.
Most of the time, Burke is the sweetest baby in the world. He hardly ever complains.
But he can be one strong willed person. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Wish us luck. Who will win? Bets are on.

No comments: